Another winter storm coming? Before you rush to the store for the last gallon of milk and loaf of bread, you’ll want to be sure your car is ready to battle the elements. Follow these tips before venturing out into the winter wonderland.
- Check your Cooling System. Have your mechanic check your hoses, belts and anti-freeze. A weakened hose or belt can break and leave you stranded, or a weak solution of anti-freeze can ice up and damage your cooling system. Hoses shouldn’t have cracks or become softened. In extreme temperature drops, keep an eye on your hoses and belts, as low temperatures can cause additional breakage or weak spots.
- Check Your Battery. Make sure your car's battery connection is clean, tight and corro ...[more]
Is Your Vehicle Ready For Holiday Travel? Many people have concerns about taking their cars on long trips, especially if their cars are getting on in years or mileage. The truth is … long trips are actually easier on your car than day-to-day driving, but a breakdown far from home can really ruin your fun. A few simple checks will stave off many common problems. As with most things, it's best to start early. Here is a simple check list for preparing your car for Holiday travel.
Two to four weeks before you go
- Get any major repairs done. If your car needs major repair or maintenance, do it at least one month, before you travel. That will allow plenty of time for any problems rela ...[more]
Winter driving can be an adventure no matter what climate you live in. Driving in snow, sleet, or on ice can make even the most seasoned drivers nervous. If you live in an area that falls below an average temperature of 45 degrees or lower in the winter, has winter storms of snow, rain, sleet, or ice, then winter tires are a great investment to keep you and your loved ones safe on the road this season.
- Get 4 - Four winter tires will provide the best protection against winter road hazards. With 4 winter tires, you will have consistency in handling, control, traction, and grip.
- Tread - Winter tires have unique tread, specialized for channeling snow, ice, slush, and water away from the tire. With more ‘sipes&rsq ...[more]